10 Ways To Style a Boyfriend-Shirt
Not enough clothes??
Time to raid your Boyfriend’s wardrobe or your Brother’s or your Father’s. Or even the Men’s section in a store. Why not, I do that allllll the time. There are hidden treasures there that you did not even know existed until now. 😉
Let me show you one of these treasures : the Boyfriend Shirt. It doesn’t mean that you have to have a boyfriend for that. It is a shirt for men and an over-sized shirt for women. You can find it in any boy-friends’ closet.
I was a tomboy during my teenage days and always welcomed those hand-me-down t-shirts and shirts from my Brother and Dad. Even though I am not that much of a tomboy now, my love for men’s clothes is still unfazed. I still love androgynous fashion and so I have found these ways to wear a boyfriend shirt without losing my feminine touch. So let’s see how you can rock a boyfriend-shirt:
1. Just the way it is
Wear it as an easy-breezy shirt with full sleeves
2. With rolled sleeves
Either roll up the sleeves or just pull up the cuffs till your elbow.
3. As a halfway button down shirt
Keep the shirt open halfway down. Pair it with a cool top inside.
4. As an asymmetric shirt or a Destructured shirt
Destructured shirts are all the rage today. Create your own version of it.
5. With chunky jewelry
Wear with chunky jewelry like neck-pieces, brooches, collar pins to add style and grace.
6. With a big belt
Wear with a broad belt for an hourglass effect.
7. As a formal shirt
Tuck it in, for your day at work or a meeting
8. As a jacket
Wear it over your tank tops or sleeveless outfits for a casual chic look
9. As a knotted shirt
Knot it up at the waist for a smart and structured look. Tie it on above your waist to create a crop top.
10. As you wish
There are thousand more ways to wear a boyfriend shirt. You can use the combination of above styles or create your own. Boyfriend shirts are very versatile. Style them as the way you like.
I would love to hear how you create your own style using a boyfriend shirt. Do let me know in the comments below.
- Skinny jeans is a perfect match for a boyfriend shirt. It adds style and structure to the baggy look of boyfriend shirt.
- Pair a boyfriend shirt with skirt for a more feminine look.
- Pair a boyfriend shirt with shorts for a casual chic look.
- All these looks can be paired with sneakers for a casual look.
- Same looks can be paired with heels for a sexy look.
- Can be paired with bellies, brogues for a classy look.
- If your boyfriend shirt is long enough, you can wear it as a shirt dress.
- Try shirts of different colors and prints. Checkered shirts are a great option.
- Add accessories to spice up the look. Chokers are a great option to pair with boyfriend shirts.
- You can style both formal and casual boyfriend shirts
What I wore:
- Shirt – Levi’s
- Jeans – H&M
- Booties – Lady Gaga store, Koregaon Park
- Watch – Fossil
Picture Credits : Raviteja Cherughattu
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/tejafry/
Youtube – https://www.youtube.com/user/cravi47
20,969 total views, 2 views today